Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Special Presentation by Louis Armstrong - It's all about the kids

When the team reached the Camillian Social Center Chiangrai, we were greeted warmly by 200 children. My first reaction was "200 kids?!!.. that's a lot of kids to handle!!".

This special presentation is dedicated for the kids at the Camillian Social Center and Maesai Childlife (which we visited the following day). The song What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong is chosen to remind us that in spite of all the problems we face in this world (life), there’s always good behind them; the kids we met in this 2 social centers reminded us of that.

Mr. Zul was correct:
"We are here not to teach them, but to learn from them." I guess that's what I learned from my time with the children - I
shouldn't take things for granted, cherish each and every day. I hope you enjoy the presentation! Happy Chinese New Year for those who are celebrating!

No comments: